What is Sound Healing?
The science of sound healing and how the sound current can affect the body has been known for thousands of years. Think yogi’s and monks chanting. The frequency of the sounds can penetrate the body, resonating the cells and bringing them into harmony and balance.
The speed and vibration of sound can be felt throughout the entire form. Have you ever felt the sound of a gong playing? Different sounds can cause different vibrations in the brain and the body. The most healing sound for your body is the sound of your own voice. This is why mantra, singing, toning and chanting are so good for you brain and your endocrine system and used so prevalently in Kundalini Yoga.
Different sounds can balance and synchronize the brain so it is more alert, focused or relaxed depending on the frequency of the sounds. The result is a healthier body and a happier person.
Sound work is “creating a frequency and vibration for someone that’s conducive for him or her to heal. Sound healing is trending up. It’s like where yoga was 15 years ago. People are realizing that sound is a viable medium to address distress, enhance learning, even work with an autistic child.” Joshua Leeds, the author of The Power of Sound and an expert in the field of psychoacoustics, the study of the effects of sound on the human nervous system.
At CommuniTea we truly believe in this science and offer sound healing in many of our classes, events and private sessions.
What is Energy Healing?
Brennan Healing Science is an energy healing modality pioneered by Barbara Brennan, physicist and former NASA researcher. Based on a highly developed conceptual and philosophical framework, it combines hands-on healing techniques with spiritual and psychological processes.
Practitioners work with the “energy consciousness system,” which includes the physical body, the chakras, the various levels of the aura, the dimension of hara/intention, and the core star/spark of the divine. Brennan Healing Science aims to help recipients clear energy blocks and unhealthy patterns, find their soul’s task, and connect to their divine qualities. The work also promotes physical, mental and emotional stability and well-being.
Sat Nam Rasayan
with Hari Das Kaur Come experience a non-invasive healing method that addresses physical, mental, and emotional conditions. Profound results are often experienced, and relaxation is guaranteed. While the recipient lies down comfortably, the healer, through a deep state of meditation, addresses the condition and provides relief for the particular suffering. SNR (Sat Nam Rasayan®) in the Sanskrit language means “To dwell in the place of peace.” It is an ancient healing method of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that brings deep calmness to your mind and a state of harmony and health to your life.
Hari Das Kaur is a member of a very small group of global Sat Nam Rasayan® (SNR) Healers who are certified by Guru Dev Singh, Master of Sat Nam Rasayan® to teach this ancient healing art. Hari Das comes from a long lineage of powerful healers experienced in intuitive and energy-based modalities from her maternal line, and traditional medical physicians from her paternal line. Hari Das’ great-grandfather was one of the 1st homeopathic physicians in New York City.
Hari Das Kaur retired from her surgical nursing career in 1999 to commit herself to healing and teaching this beloved art throughout the US. She continues to teach and heal in her long-standing practice in La Jolla, California. Additionally, she teaches Kundalini Yoga and Meditation/Mindfulness at Scripps Integrative Medicine and Pacific Pearl La Jolla Integrative Health.
- CommuniTea Yoga and Meditation is an AMAZING place! I have been a part of the community since September 2018 and I love it! From the moment I walked in, I felt welcomed and incredibly comfortable. CommuniTea is an awesome studio with wonderful teachers and students. Tina (who owns the studio, along with her husband Tony) takes great pride in serving her students and the community at large, and it shows! CommuniTea is more than just a place to practice yoga - it's gorgeous and has a wonderful energy. The studio also has a really cute shop with lots of beautiful clothing and treasures! CommuniTea has become an integral part of my life and I am so incredibly grateful that I found it . . . or rather, that it found me 😊Much Love - Crystal
- Thank YOU for brightening everyone's day with your lovely live streams! I am in awe of the gracious generosity CommuniTea is providing with online classes and positive posts. I appreciate you and all that you do! This positivity will come back to you and the studio!!Casey McFarland - Mira Costa College Faculty
- I love this studio so much I'm here everyday! They have Awesome teachers, offer all types of yoga, sound healings, educational workshops, teacher trainings, beautiful shopping boutique, Numerology Readings and freshly brewed tea! Such a warm and loving community in a very healing space.Rebecca Shubin
- Complimentary yogi tea and meditation classes ~ super friendly teachers & staff. Everyone was so welcoming and made me feel right at home. Highly recommend.Lauren S
- Dropped in opening day, to check it out. The energy of the studio, plus Tina's positive vibe I became a "founding member". Had neverdone a Kundalini class, lots of other yoga. Okay, so we did lots of breathing, waved our arms and legs around funny and chanted, weird. But I have never felt better and been happier.Cricket Escamella
- Tina is a fabulous business woman, always looking forward. She brings the best teachers to offer different yogic practices. And the workshops she puts together are A+. Affordable and taught by some if the best teachers from around the country. The boutique is filled with ever changing books, crystals, jewelry and yoga wear. Just what you need to inspire your practice. And one of the best parts, we are all CommuniTea, family.Kundalini the happy yoga.
- This is a beautiful studio and community of yogis. The quality of the kundalini teachers is so high. I've been coming almost since they opened and always feel wonderful after class or meditation. It's one of the few studios that does regular sound healings with the gong, which is powerful. (Be sure to check out all the goodies in the store too- crystals, malas, clothes and jewelry.)Catherine M
- I am forever grateful that I stumbled upon this studio when they first opened! I have been coming ever since! Tina the owner is so warm and welcoming and she is so passionate about what she does and it shows. I can't believe how so much has shifted in my life in such a short amount of time! Just walk in here and see for yourself the amazing energy and high vibes! They serve fresh Yogi tea daily which helps cleanse the liver and take away damage from the body and the brain. It's a great way to ground after taking a class. If I could give this place infinity stars I would.Laura H.
- I love this place. The family that owns/runs it is very friendly and welcoming. I was in town visiting and immediately felt at home inmy first class. I ended up going to a class everyday I was in town. I highly recommend the kundalini classes!Michele G.
- CommuniTea is a lovely space. From the boutique to the yoga room, the place glows with the care and love that was put into making it. It's a space where you can come, move, meditate, and renew. Top yogis and spiritual teachers from around the world come here to teach. The nearly universal response from new students/practitioners is that CommuniTea really feels like a community. This really is a special placeTim Adams
- I've landed here & couldn't be happier. I am new to Kundalini and noticing it's many positive effects on my daily approach to life. The teachers are kind, commanding and so knowledgable. The fresh Yogi tea is such a treat. The shop is a ridiculously well-curated selection of books/crystals/yogi adornments for the home, body or friends. Anyway if you're curious about Kundalini or just looking for a high-vibes atmosphere to soak up- this is the spot. Very warm and welcoming. They also offer a variety of classes & rad workshops.Roman M
- So excited to have found this amazing yoga studio. I'm loving the teachers and community energy. Everyone chats after classes & drinks yogi tea. Teachers are highly knowledgeable & kundalini yoga classes are filled with laughter as well as a great workout. This is by far my favorite yoga studio in north county and I've tried many. They make new people feel at home quickly &!classes are aimed at multiple leveled so you never feel out of your depth. I've been a member for 5 months now and this feels like home.Siobhan W.