Studio Procedure Policy
Every business needs rules and regulation to help promote functionality and consistency. CommuniTea Yoga is no exception. Since we love our clients, we want to make your yoga experience as wonderful, easygoing and carefree as possible. With that said, please keep open communication with us if you have any questions or concerns.
• Sign-in and payment is required for all students prior to, not after, class.
Please arrive in plenty of time to sign in at the front desk and get your mat set up before class. If you arrive more than 5 minutes after class is scheduled to begin please do not disrupt the class by loudly setting yourself up. If you do arrive late during a quiet moment such as the tune-in, please wait in the lobby until the tune-in is complete and you see movement and then slip in quietly.
- Turn off cell phones, pagers and watch-alarms when you arrive at the studio.
- If you arrive before the previous class has finished, please observe silence, enjoy the tea and the shopping in the boutique.
- As you settle on your mat before class, please maintain the peaceful atmosphere with silence or talk quietly.
- Be mindful of personal hygiene in our small space. The practice of yoga is a beautiful thing, but sometimes it can turn us into hot, sweaty messes! Applying deodorant and wiping down your feet before class is a smart habit to get yourself into. Your neighbor loves and respects you but doesn’t want to smell your stinky feet or body odor!
- Please wear clean clothing
- Use tissue if you have a cough or need to sneeze or blow your nose (we share yoga mats, bolsters and blankets, so please be mindful of passing germs)
- Clean up after yourself in the bathroom. Everyone enjoys a clean bathroom and nobody wants to clean up after someone else’s bathroom mess.
- Which brings us to our next policy: take it easy on perfumes or colognes. These scents can become overwhelming. Some people are allergic or sensitive to certain smells. If you are allergic to incense or Palo Santo please let us know.
- Showing up to the studio at the right time is crucial not only for your personal practice, but for your teachers and peers as well. Showing up late (which includes a minute before class begins and right as class begins) is even more hectic and stressful. You deserve some “down time” before class starts. Arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of time is perfect for all parties! It gives you enough time to relax and meditate before class and it allows the teacher to prep the studio for class.
- Inform the teacher before class if you are pregnant, or have any injuries or health concerns that may require special attention.
- If you need to leave early, please leave before savasana so as not to disrupt other students.
- Listen to your body. Practice at your own level; if you need a rest you always have the option of child’s pose. If some of the poses are too challenging or if something doesn’t feel right, rest or take a more basic variation of a pose.
- CommuniTea reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who is disturbing the peace and serenity of other student or staff, who practices in an unsafe manner, or who fails to follow the teacher’s instructions.
- Be kind to everyone!
- Laugh and have a good time!
CommuniTea does not offer refunds for purchases of any kind. Please note your pass. Classes, passes, and memberships may be suspended or extended, and they cannot be shared or transferred to another person. Memberships require a contract. Unused merchandise may be exchanged in its original packaging within 14 days of purchase with a receipt for exchange or CommuniTea account credit.
CommuniTea accepts cash, personal checks and some credit cards (visa/mastercard). Payment is due prior to class. Unpaid yoga classes and workshops, after two (2) days from day of unpaid visit, will be reconciled automatically from the credit/debit card stored on file at the rate of $17 per class. An electronic receipt will be sent to the email address on file. Membership fees may be paid through automatic payments made through either a credit card or a bank account. A $10 charge will automatically be assessed to accounts for each E.F.T. transaction returned as non-sufficient funds/failure. A fee of $25 will be charged for returned checks.
Cancellation Policy/Terms & Agreements
Your private session time and the teacher’s time is reserved for you. Cancellations must be made more than 24 hours in advance by email to the teacher via his/her email and the studio at info@Communiteayoga.com (no phone calls). If a private session is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the session, and for no-shows, the fee will be charged in full. CommuniTea does not offer refunds on private yoga sessions.
If you are unable to attend a regularly scheduled class that you signed up for online, you will be cancelled out when you do not show up and if you paid online, your fee will remain on your account where it will automatically pay for your next class. Amara does not offer refunds on classes.
CommuniTea does not offer refunds for workshops. A 48-hour cancellation notice via email at email@example.com (no phone calls) is required for you to receive a credit on your CommuniTea account. Less than 48-hour notifications and no-shows will be charged the full fee.
You are invited to enjoy our yogi tea in the lobby. You may bring a close-top water bottle with you into the studio.
Students are welcome to use our studio mats and props at no charge. These can be found by the back door. Please wipe down your mat with provided disinfecting wipes after use. Note: We periodically clean our studio mats with hot water, mild detergent and bleach, the blocks with alcohol solution, and we wash the blankets with mild detergent. And we wash the blankets. However, we can’t guarantee the cleanliness of our studio equipment. If you practice regularly we strongly recommend that you obtain your own mat/ blanket.
Lost and Found
We keep all found items in studio for one week. We are not responsible for lost articles. If you bring valuables with you, you may bring them into the studio with you. Do not leave them by the front door.