Yoga of 12 Step Recovery Leadership Training
with Kyczy Hawk
Learn how to create and hold safe space for those impacted by addiction
- In the Y12SR Leadership we:
- Create safe, sacred, open, inclusive space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
- Understand the 12-step process of addiction recovery as well as recognizing the symptomology of unresolved trauma, and a dys-regulated nervous system.
- Use yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
- Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
- Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
- Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
- Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
*To be a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive, which is now available online. Programs may be taken in any sequence. For more information please visit www.y12sr.com
Develop a network of professionals including trauma experts and others in the addiction/recovery treatment field.This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely relevant and helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
Jan 11th – 13th, 2019
Friday 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sunday 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
$350 Pre-registration / $375 After December 11, 2018